DeLotto served as Construction Manager for the renovation and build out of the three-story 28,000 square foot facility.
The Lions Eye Institute, which was established to facilitate corneal transplants, purchased the F. Lozano Building in Ybor City in 2005 and hired DeLotto to serve as construction manager for the renovation and build out of the facility. Originally constructed in 1907, the three-story 28,000 square foot cigar factory later housed a casket factory and served as offices for Hillsborough County’s Environmental Protection Commission.
The first floor includes laboratories for the eye and tissue bank and for research for glaucoma and macular degeneration. The third floor houses administrative offices for the Eye Institute and the Lions Eye Institute Foundation. On the second floor, there is a 4,500 square foot ballroom with full catering kitchen and 1,950 square foot multipurpose room for rental by area community groups.