DeLotto was hired to restore the historic facility and upgrade electrical and HVAC systems.
The Greco-Roman design Italian Club was originally completed 1918. The building features include a first-floor cantina, a second-floor theater, and a third-floor grand ballroom.
In 1998 DeLotto was hired to restore the facility and upgrade electrical and HVAC systems. The multi-phased scope of work included restoration and renovation of every level of the facility, including restoration of original murals and artwork in the grand ballroom and the marble and tile work in the grand staircase. The work also included installation of a new chiller HVAC system and new electrical service; addition of a new commercial kitchen; installation of passenger and service elevators; conversion of an intermediate mezzanine into a mechanical room, addition of restroom on the cantina level; cleaning, painting and waterproofing the building exterior; restoration of windows at the cantina and ballroom levels; and replacement of the roof.
This project received grants from the Florida Department of State Division of Historic Resources and was required to meet the bureau’s historic preservation guidelines. DeLotto assisted the owner in providing information for grant applications.
The project was awarded the Excellence in Construction Award from the Associated Builders and Contractors.